=D

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More About the Seller

Now that you know where I was born and raised, I suppose I should add a little more detail. I picked up my first lump of Play-Doh when I was just a wee tot, and it was love at first sight! =p If I remember correctly my first Play-Doh playset was Sesame Street themed, who doesn't love Big Bird, Elmo and the gang, right? I started writing poetry when I was about 8 years old, won my first poetry contest when I was just 9, and have been featured here and there since. Poetry is not my main focus at the moment as you can see, but it will always hold a special place in my heart being the bookworm that I am. I have an unbridled passion for words and literature as well as painting and sculpture. I took my first "art" class when I was 11 and continued on to take 8 more in high school and 1 more in my short lived 1-semester college career, lol. I also studied religion and psychology, but that's besides the point. (Although the human mind is probably one of my favorite subjects) I do plan to eventually study to become an Art Psychologist, but in the mean time I am Mommy/Wife/Crafter Extraordinaire! >.< I've studied many different aspects of art from classic stuff like painting in acrylics, oil, and watercolors, to more interesting and unconventional forms of are like 3-D sculpture and design and commercial design as well. Photography is another genre I take very strong interest in. I love all forms of art, lately I'm just more focused on my jewelry business. As you know it started out very small as just a tiny soda pop top thing, even opening my first Etsy shop was really more of a hobby. But it's really turned into something I truly love to do and I am so amazed and excited that I've done so well so far! My main focus is just to continue improving upon my original ideas to bring better quality and aesthetics to my customers. But as I've stated a few times before, I am first and foremost a Mommy and Wife! My husband and I have a beautiful, healthy, intelligent 15 month old baby boy - not to mention our Siberian Husky - to care for, so I like to think I have 4 full time jobs! Wife, Mommy, Dog Owner, and Business Woman. ;) My husband is amazingly supportive, he even helps when I'm overwhelmed. (like around Christmas time!) But I guess that's what you get when you've got your soul mate! We met when we were freshmen in high school and began dating that same year, and here we are 7 years later happily married and the proud parents of the most handsome little guy! My love is a Yeoman in the United States Coast Guard currently in school studying video game arts and design, he'll be making our favorite games some day! So of course he's supportive of what I do, and he's always there to help me come up with new ideas and to work out the kinks in the ones I already have. All my products are run by him before they ever even make it into my shop, and he's a tough critic, so rest assured! ^.~ So from tiny art-loving tot, to full fledged art geek adult, here I am and here I'll be for years to come if I have my way! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment