=D

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Post

So I've finally wandered my way over to Blogspot, like everyone else apparently eventually does. =p Just for my first post, I suppose I'll start with the history of my business. =]

I was born and raised in Southern Louisiana and am French (Cajun French if you please!) and Catholic as well, so from time to time you will see items in my shop that feature the fleur-de-lis. It has great importance to me and my culture, I even chose to have one tattooed on the back of my neck! I have been involved in some form of art since I was about 12 and have not stopped since.

My first jewelry company was Soda Pop Jewelry in late 2007 mainly utilizing bottle caps and friendship style bracelets and necklaces, that morphed over into Polymer Perfection Designs in early 2008 and I launched my first Etsy shop in April of 2008. I was intrigued with all the tiny adorable little food recreations and things I was seeing on art sites on the internet which eventually led me to discover Etsy and to find that they were made from polymer clay. I was amazed to find that these fantastic little sculptures were simply made from clay and immediately went down to my local craft store, purchased some clay, and got to work!

My first real creation was my original design for the "Polymer Pacman Love" necklace which has since become a smaller more dainty version. My second design, and one of my favorites, was my rainbow Nintendo Mushroom bracelet. I've expanded my creation to include many other video game themed items from Pacman and Nintendo to Zelda and Tetris. As a child I loved playing Super Mario Bros, so a majority of my inspiration comes from there. I love to do custom orders and am very much open to working with my customers to come up with something unique and amazing!

I am a married mother of one, proud wife of a Coastie. We're always moving with him being in the military and I love the constant change of scenery! I love what I do, crafting and art are two of my favorite past times, I hope my customers continue to enjoy my unique and original creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment